VOX has released JamVOX III, its new software package that brings together the best of VOX amp and effect modeling along with advanced Guitar XTraktion technology (GXT III) and popular plug-in compatibility.
JamVOX has been the "ultimate" performance studio for the guitarist, providing a large selection of sought-after guitar amps and effects, plus the GXT function that makes it easy to remove the guitar track from your favorite songs, so that you can jam along in the place of your guitar heroes.
JamVOX has been newly reborn as the "JamVOX III" stand-alone software. Offering dramatically evolved features plus an even more sophisticated GXT function – the new GXT III – JamVOX III provides significantly more precision and operability. There's also an even easier-to-use interface, and a movie recording function, making JamVOX III the ideal choice for enjoyably playing your guitar, learning songs by ear, practicing, or producing music.
New functions in JamVOX III:
- GXT III Enhanced Guitar XTraktion: The Guitar XTracktion feature has been dramatically improved, making it even easier to cancel or isolate a particular track or instrument. This highly-evolved GXT III engine can extensively analyze songs that until now were difficult to work with. The engine has been tuned to obtain a more natural tonal character, and now you can use the JamVOX-Online site to search and download GXT III settings shared by other JamVOX users for a specific song.
- Performance Interface: The updated user interface is based on an analysis of the workflow involved in learning songs by ear, practicing, and jam sessions. Also new is the large and easy-to-use full-screen mode, transforming your computer into your own personalized performance studio. The music player shows the waveform of the song, providing a clear, visual indication of the song's development and structure. You can zoom in on the playback position to practice that amazing solo, or set up the repeated playback of the bridge or chorus that you're practicing. JamVOX III provides the performance environment that every guitarist dreams about.
- Movie Recording Feature: Using your computer's webcam, the new movie recording feature lets you capture video of your own guitar playing. You can review your own performance with the aim of improving your skills, or upload your performance to a video-sharing site so that guitarists around the world can watch it. The song will start playing automatically when you press the record button for the movie; there's no need to press a separate record button and song playback button. This movie function is designed specifically to aid guitarists in recording their own playing.
- Mac or PC compatible Guitar Studio software.
- Drag & Drop interface allows quick creation of a customized rig.
- 19 Amp models, from vintage to high-gain:
- Virtual Valve Reactor delivers spot-on recreations of the original amp design.
- 12 Speaker cabinet models; combine your favorite amp & cabinet.
- 57 Effect models accurately emulate the originals:
- 18 Pedal type effects (Compressor, Wah, etc.).
- 12 Modulation style effects (Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, etc.).
- 11 Delay effects, including modeled analog tape echo, multi-head delay, etc.
- 15 Reverb type effects plus Noise Reduction.
- GXT III Guitar XTraktion removes (or isolates) the guitar from nearly any recording; allowing performers to play along in place of their guitar heroes.
- Improved full-screen interface.
- Access to JamVOX-online.com.
- Movie Recording mode for critiquing your own practice sessions.
- Plug-in (AU, VST) abilities; 64-Bit native support.
Pricing & Availability
JamVOX III is available as a download purchase from JamVOX-Online.com. The MSRP is $99.99 but it is available until May 31, 2012, at a special introductory price of $49.99 – 50% off. Current users of JamVOX can update at no charge using the JamVOX software's auto update function or via JamVOX-Online.com.