24th February 2014
Voxengo has announced the release of version 4.0 of Elephant, a mastering limiter plug-in available in AudioUnit, VST and VST3 plug-in formats (including native 64-bit support), for Mac OS X (v10.5 and later), and Windows computers.
Elephant 4.0, which is backwards-compatible, includes the following changes since version 3:
- Added a new "EL-4" limiter mode, with less harmonic coloration.
- Added a new "Dynamic Release Control" limiter stage.
- Added a new "Timing" limiter mode parameter.
- Added a new "Release to Attack Ratio" limiter mode parameter.
- Added a new "Release Shape" limiter mode parameter.
- Added input level meter together with the threshold mark.
- Implemented the "Eval" limiter's evaluation mode.
- Added the "Trans View" transient visualization.
- Made the "In Gain" and "Out Gain" knob ranges more practical.
- Magnified the "Out Gain" knob's scale around 0 dB.
- Made changes to the "Trans Time" parameter stutter-free.
- The output statistics are now automatically reset if any parameter that influences the output statistics was changed.
- Added "EL-4", "COMPACT" and "EXPANDED" factory limiter modes.
The introductory price of $99.95 will be effective for two weeks from now, which is 15% off the regular price of $119.95. Upgrading from the previous version costs $49.95 if the previous version was purchased earlier than 180 days from now: otherwise the upgrade is free during this grace period. Demo version of Elephant can be downloaded freely at the Voxengo web site.
22 Jan 2014 Voxengo updates GlissEQ to v3.8
15 Nov 2013 Voxengo updates SPAN to v2.7
26 Jul 2013 Voxengo updates OldSkoolVerb to v2.2
15 May 2013 Voxengo updates CurveEQ to v3.2
23 Apr 2013 Voxengo updates Drumformer to v1.3
17 May 2012 Voxengo updates CurveEQ to v3.1