Voxengo has announced the release of version 4.0 of Elephant, a mastering limiter plug-in available in AudioUnit, VST and VST3 plug-in formats (including native 64-bit support), for Mac OS X (v10.5 and later), and Windows computers.
Elephant 4.0, which is backwards-compatible, includes the following changes since version 3:
- Added a new "EL-4" limiter mode, with less harmonic coloration.
- Added a new "Dynamic Release Control" limiter stage.
- Added a new "Timing" limiter mode parameter.
- Added a new "Release to Attack Ratio" limiter mode parameter.
- Added a new "Release Shape" limiter mode parameter.
- Added input level meter together with the threshold mark.
- Implemented the "Eval" limiter's evaluation mode.
- Added the "Trans View" transient visualization.
- Made the "In Gain" and "Out Gain" knob ranges more practical.
- Magnified the "Out Gain" knob's scale around 0 dB.
- Made changes to the "Trans Time" parameter stutter-free.
- The output statistics are now automatically reset if any parameter that influences the output statistics was changed.
- Added "EL-4", "COMPACT" and "EXPANDED" factory limiter modes.
The introductory price of $99.95 will be effective for two weeks from now, which is 15% off the regular price of $119.95. Upgrading from the previous version costs $49.95 if the previous version was purchased earlier than 180 days from now: otherwise the upgrade is free during this grace period. Demo version of Elephant can be downloaded freely at the Voxengo web site.