Vienna Symphonic Library (VSL) has announced the Vienna Suite, a new effects bundle that includes eight advanced, yet easy to use, plug-ins for mixing and mastering. For highest precision, they offer full 64-bit audio processing on all major 64-bit and 32-bit host platforms. Supported formats include AU (Mac OS X), VST (OS X, Win) and RTAS (OS X).
Though the plug-ins integrate with any host program or DAW, Vienna users will also be able to take advantage of the included expert presets tailor-made for Vienna Instruments.
Vienna Suite currently includes eight plug-ins:
- Equalizer for smooth highs and deep and powerful lows – includes an integrated 120 band spectrum analyzer. Extremely low CPU usage.
- Master Equalizer provides 3 filter types on 5 bands and additional high and low shelf filters with 2 filter types. The use of 4x oversampling makes internal calculations even more precise. Ideal for delicate sonic mastering tasks.
- Limiter with real-time input/output waveform display and auto-mode for transparent maximization.
- Compressor – featuring modern and vintage algorithms and a real-time input/output waveform display.
- Multiband Limiter – offering 4 bands with transparent crossover filters and an additional full-range brickwall limiter at the final output stage.
- PowerPan for powerful stage positioning of instruments, featuring real-time audio angular analysis.
- Exciter – offering 4x oversampling, tone-color sliders for mixing odd and even harmonics, and a high frequency FFT spectrum analyzer.
- Analyzer – featuring a 120 band analog modeled spectrum analyzer, fast and accurate display of bass frequencies, auto mode for automatic range management, and loudest frequency note display.
Priced at €395, the Vienna Suite will be available "soon" for Windows XP/Vista 32 and 64 bit versions and Mac OS X 10.4 or higher in VST (OS X, Win), AU (OS X) and RTAS (OS X) plug-in formats.