25th January 2007
W.Grabowski, the creator of Extreme Sample Converter (ExSC), has announced VSTi Sample Player (possibly not the final name), a new sample player VST instrument (presumably for Windows), expected to be released in February with the price to be announced.
- IQ Ultra Fast Engine - fast engine and very low CPU usage.
- 16, 24, 32-bit, 64-bit sample support at any samplerate.
- Supports Dimensions, Keyswitching, Cycle Ribbon, Cycle Random, Crossfading, Controller Switching.
- Uses special Dynamic Disk Streaming to load samples directly from disk.
- Fast & Direct Access to Formats like GIG, SF2, FXP, NKI, EX, WAV, AIFF. It plays them directly from disk without any re-conversion and re-saving to HD, it uses the extreme conversion module.
- VSTi Windows Plugin format (other formats will follow).
- 16 Multi Track, 16 MIDI inputs freely configurable with its custom routing.
- Multiple 16 Stereo Outputs with total control of all multi parts and its custom routing.
- Built-in HD Browser with Drag & Drop functions.
- Complete MIDI integration with complete General MIDI Support.
- Virtual Keyboard with patch preview.
- Multiple instances and Low Memory usage (each instance shares the same program resources). Each instance adds 512 voices which gives you an unlimited polyphony.
- IQ Sound Edit - one touch to controlling different sound parameters in real-time, filter, envelopes, pitch, tune, pitch-bend even x-fade for the looped samples.
- Independent Save, Load, Archive options. With archive you can backup your work and loaded samples.
- Quick start and ready to work in a one second.
- Different color themes. It's possible to select your favourite color theme
- Simple and Logical interface.
- Standalone version with ASIO support and free channel routings.
- It's possible to save samples in its Native Format; with this format samples can be loaded and saved extremely fast.
A Skinnable Developer Version will also be available, at a later date.