13th August 2007
Wallander Instruments has released an update for WIVI Brass 1 with a number of new features, as well as tonal improvements. The Trial Edition has been also updated.
- Tonal improvements: The overall tone of all Brass 1 instruments and mutes have been significantly improved. This is especially significant in the low brass, and when close up to instruments.
- Spatial/environment improvements: The environment now have layer functions that can be used to boost the low frequencies, to emulate room modes. Most importantly, the internal presets have been improved using this functionality. A few new environment presets have also been made available, with the purpose of allowing better blending with sampled instruments/orchestras.
New instrument features:
- Drift into tune is a new parameter which is used in combination with the "pitch randomizer" parameter already present in the player. The pitch randomizer introduces randomness in the pitch of repeated notes. When the "drift into tune" parameter also is enabled, that random pitch deviation will decrease over time, giving an illusion of players that intonate.
- The start/end values of the Wah-Wahs are now customizable. This can be used to give the Wah-Wahs inverse behavior, or you can focus the Wah-Wah to operate only around some certain sweet spot.
- Also, some slight tweaks have been made to the internals of some instruments. For instance, it's now possible to play flutter tongue the French horns manually, using a breath or wind controller. In the past, this has been difficult.
28 Oct 2009 Wallander Instruments updates WIVI to v2.30
10 Feb 2009 Wallander Instruments updates WIVI to v2.22
03 Nov 2008 Wallander Instruments updates WIVI to v2.10
22 Sep 2008 Wallander Instruments updates WIVI to v2.03
08 Sep 2008 Wallander Instruments updates WIVI
27 Aug 2008 Wallander Instruments releases WIVI v2
12 Nov 2007 Wallander Instruments releases WIVI Woodwinds
13 Aug 2007 Wallander Instruments updates WIVI Brass 1