4th November 2013
Wave Alchemy has announced the release of Afro-Latin Percussion Vol 2, a new collection of acoustic percussion loops and organic rhythms designed for layering with existing one-shot drum hits or building custom percussive ensembles.
Afro-Latin Percussion Vol 2 includes 516 24-bit, 100% royalty-free, acoustic percussion loops and single hits arranged into 4 main sections focused on Afro-Caribbean and Latin American percussion instruments including multiple congas, quinto and tumba drums, djembe, bongos, cajon, mini-timbales and timbales.
Percussion Loops - Raw:
- 380 authentic Afro-Latin percussion loops and fills, carefully recorded at 126 BPM using a well thought-out selection of high-end microphones and pre-amps. In order to capture the authentic sound, dynamics and energy of Ed's playing technique, the loops, fills and performances in this folder have been left completely 'raw', with only very minor editing and zero post processing.
- 36 bongo loops.
- 62 cajon loops – featuring expressive fills and builds, tribal grooves and lengthy energetic performances.
- 75 conga loops – featuring both one-drum and two-drum performances, expect to find a varied selection of true authentic Afro-Latin rhythms and fills.
- 43 djembe loops.
- 37 mini-timbale loops, performances and fills.
- 38 mixed percussive ensembles – featuring carefully layered performances from multiple sound sources to create expressive rhythmic ensembles and layered loops/fills.
- 38 timbale fills.
- 51 timbale and mixed percussion loops.
Percussion Loops - Time Corrected:
- 316 time-corrected percussion loops - carefully created by editing the 'raw' percussion loops and performances.
- The loops in this folder have been specifically created for those producers who require 'machine tight' timing in their music. Each loop has been time-corrected by carefully editing and moving individual transients/hits from within the performances.
Percussion Loops - REX:
- 331 REX2 loops created from the 'raw' percussion loops and performances.
Single Hits & FX:
- 136 one-shot percussion hits and FX samples, recorded completely dry, leaving adequate headroom for post processing.
- 20 bongo samples.
- 17 cajon hits and flams.
- 47 conga samples – featuring hits and flams from conga, tumba and quinto drums.
- 16 djembe samples.
- 12 mini-timbale samples.
- 24 timbale hits, flams and strikes.
- 6 sampler patches/kits in SFZ, Battery, Reason NN-XT and Kontakt formats.