Bass Pedals is powered by over 3200 multi-sampled sounds, driven by a custom scripted Kontakt 4 engine.
Inspired by the Moog Taurus Mk1 bass synthesizer, Bass Pedals combines analogue source sounds with modern sound shaping capabilities to create a versatile and fully programmable bass synthesizer.
The instrument itself features 4 edit pages:
- The preset page is able to load 28 multi-sampled patches designed and recorded from a vintage Moog Taurus MK1 bass synthesizer. All preset patches boast 3 x round robin sound variations and long samples to help capture the imperfections of the original instrument. Sounds from this page can be further edited and mixed with Bass Pedals' 'raw oscillators' (see below) to create 'hybrid' patches.
- The user can synthesize their own 'Taurus like' sounds using Bass Pedals' raw oscillator page… Raw mode boasts 2 analogue oscillators (each with switchable saturated waveforms courtesy of an Empirical Labs Fatso), 1 switchable sub oscillator, noise source, and oscillator unison modes, all of which are individually powered by a set of carefully looped waveforms recorded from a Taurus MK1 analogue bass synthesizer.
- The effects page boasts a number of editable effects as well as specially created reverb IR's (Impulse Responses) recorded from our Eventide DSP-7000 Harmonizer.
- The controls page gives the user control over the instruments mono mode with selectable note priorities, portamento, pitch bend range, keyboard velocity and curve response.
What's included in the instrument?
- 4.5GB core sound library including 3207 multi-sampled 24-bit WAV samples.
- Heavily scripted custom Kontakt 4+ instrument and graphical interface (requires full version of Kontakt).
- 28 heavily multi-sampled (including 3 x round robin) Taurus MK1 patches.
- 40 carefully programmed Bass Pedals presets and starting points making use of the instrument's Raw Oscillator page.