WaveArts has released Dialog, a new post-production tool for speech and voice. Dialog combines in one plug-in all the processing needed to clean up, adjust, and sweeten recordings of the spoken voice. It is perfect for voice-over, film/tv recordings on location or sound stage, and broadcast.
Dialog includes brickwall filters, de-hum and de-buzz processing, broadband noise reduction, de-ploding, de-essing, 10-band equalization, compression, and limiting. Separate presets for each section allow you to get results fast.
- The brickwall filters have variable roll-off slopes and can be used to cutoff low or high frequency ranges.
- The de-hum processor uses notch filters to eliminate 10 harmonics of either 50 Hz or 60 Hz hum.
- The de-buzz processor squelches nasty line frequency buzzes.
- The de-noise processor is the stellar sounding MR Noise algorithm with a simplified interface.
- De-plode and de-ess are custom processors:
- Use de-plode to tame plosive sounds.
- Use de-ess to adjust the amount of sibilants.
- The EQ section is the powerful and easy to use TrackPlug equalizer, with 10 bands of equalization, 11 different filter types to choose from, and a variety of presets.
- The compressor is the TrackPlug Vintage compressor, with presets tailored to voice processing.
- 10-band EQ section with 11 different filter types and 64-bit processing.
- Low and high pass brickwall filters with various roll-off slopes.
- Hum and buzz removal.
- Broadband noise reduction.
- De-plode function for plosive or wind rumble attenuation.
- De-ess function for sibilant attenuation.
- Peak limiter.
- Comprehensive metering.
- Master preset manager and preset manager per section.
- Latency compensation.
- Fully automatable.
- Up to 192K support.
- Mono or stereo.
Pricing & Availability
Dialog costs $249.95 and is available for Windows, Windows x64 and Mac OS X in VST, AU, RTAS and DirectX plug-in formats.