WaveDNA has updated Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro to version 1.2.5, which includes a number of bug fixes and offers improved stability and Livid Base MIDI Scripting. The latest update focuses on two primary improvements, first improving stability when running Liquid Rhythm as a plugin with Ableton Live through the Max-for-Live bridge plugin.
The second major improvement involves developing a MIDI script for Livid Base. Users can now build drum loops in Liquid Rhythm with the Base's MIDI-mapped interface. Livid has launched a bundle featuring Liquid Rhythm and the Base controller. More information is available on the Livid Instruments website.
- MIDI Scripting in standalone mode - Livid Base automatically maps to Liquid Rhythm. Find more information on this new feature, including a usage video, and a MIDI Scripting layout map for the Livid Base here.
- Much greater stability with Ableton Live when running Liquid Rhythm in Max-for-Live plugin mode.
- Any of the download kits can be used to audition the loop library in either Standalone or Plugin mode. Similarly, they can be used as kits for Import MIDI files as well.
- Improved layout for the LaunchPad scripting. Verified to work on both the original LaunchPad and LaunchPad S. Check out this video showing the LaunchPad scripting layout.
- Using Accent Modifiers from a MIDI Scripting device will highlight the targeted notes as they change to provide feedback on which notes are changing through the accent modifiers.
- The Shift and Move button driven from MIDI scripting will now appear in the Transport / Toolbar at the top of the application, indicating users are in the mode.
- In Liquid Clip mode when Liquid Rhythm is connected to Ableton live 9 using Max-for-Live, a user can now undo/redo/move/copy clip changes without causing Ableton to crash.
- Fixed undo.cfg error when exiting Ableton Live 9 after using Liquid Rhythm.
- Voice Editor fixes on Mac when consolidated save is used.
- Small fix to allow launching the inline tutorial videos from the help menu.
- Fixed startup issue with device file not being present and opening the settings menu for the devices.
- Rendering a Liquid Rhythm project to audio (wav/aiff) sometimes caused the rendered file to be corrupt.
Beta Features (BETA license only - sign up here):
- New UI for the BeatForm Cycler, which also has a new name - the BeatForm Shifter.
- Accent Modifier Shapers (as a right-click dropdown in Accent Modifiers) - instant-apply velocity crescendo + descrescendo on BeatForms.
Known Issues and Limitations:
- Overdub recording mode can be glitchy in this version.
- MIDI Scripting for all devices (QuNeo, Base, LaunchPad) is limited to Liquid Rhythm Standalone mode. We are currently working to add support for other modes.
- Assigning multi-output audio for Live + Liquid Rhythm VST may cause a fatal crash.
- Liquid Rhythm may be unresponsive when computer goes to sleep and wakes.
- In Windows XP the installer will not install the Ableton Live 9 Max for Live patch. Please follow these instructions here.
The latest version of Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro are available for download on the WaveDNA website.
Please note: this feature is only available for the standalone version of Liquid Rhythm for now - the development team is actively working to port MIDI scripting to the Liquid Rhythm Max-for-Live bridge.