WaveDNA has updated Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro to v1.3.0. The latest version features a number of workflow improvements, bug fixes, and a set of entirely new tools for rhythm creation. In addition to other improvements, the latest update includes three key new features.
The BeatForm Shifter allows users to 'nudge' BeatForms, note sequences 1/8 of a bar long, forward and backward one step at a time with the push of a button. As well, all beats that hit the end of a bar will spin—or loop back—to the other end of the bar. This is designed to help users experimenting with patterns and variations, and can be particularly powerful when applied to multiple regions at a time.
BeatForm Tumbler is a dial interface that allows users to map dials in Liquid Rhythm to the knobs of MIDI controllers, giving the power to complexify and simplify each beat in a rhythm by twisting through combinations of notes and rests in real time.
Liquid Rhythm's velocity controllers allow users to set a range inside of which notes will have a random velocity, and generate a humanized feel. A powerful update to the velocity sliders (available to both versions of Liquid Rhythm) helps users create small build-ups and build-downs in tracks. The velocity controllers now have an additional option to apply increasing and decreasing velocity "shapes" – or envelopes – to the notes in each 'building block' of rhythm (BeatForms).
Additional feature updates and bug fixes are outlined below.
- BeatForm Shifter* - Nudge BeatForms across selected regions in the Arranger.
- BeatForm Tumbler* - Tumble BeatForms through regions in the Arranger to quickly dial-in rhythmic variations.
- Accent Modifier Shapers - Instantly apply crescendos and decrescendos to the velocities of BeatForms.
- BarForm Tumbler - Quickly swap BarForm patterns, 1 bar long BeatForm sequences, from the BarForm list for one or more regions in the Arranger.
- Drag and drop BeatForms from the BeatForm Palette directly into the Arranger.
- Drag and drop BarForms from the BarForm List directly into the Arranger.
- New drum kit - Download and play with the new Industrial Kit.
*Note: The BeatForm Tumbler and BeatForm Shifter are only available in the full version of Liquid Rhythm.
Improvements and Updates:
- Added key command to switch between 'pencil' and 'paint' Note Editing modes.
- ReGroover renamed to GrooveMover.
- In Max-For-Live bridge mode (a.k.a. Liquid Clips), selecting the Arranger's channel header will now select regions in the Arranger (as a shortcut).
- Panels in the Molecule Tools bar will now remember their expand / collapse states for each time Liquid Rhythm is launched.
- Moving notes around the Arranger will cause a BarForm pattern to appear as a ghost in empty regions.
- Modifying MIDI Maps is now easier - Input devices can be changed and input channel IDs can be renumbered.
- Shift-clicking on a BarForm in the BarForm list will insert that relatively indexed BarForm into each selected region according to the instrument type in that track.
- Tempo can now be MIDI mapped (and controlled with a MIDI device).
- MIDI mappable commands were broken after 1.2.3 and are now are fixed in 1.3.0.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when using the BeatBuilder's 'Suggested List' when a region in the Arranger had been BarForm swapped.
- Fixed issues connecting to the audio engine.
- Activation codes would sometimes be invalid if entered with leading / trailing blank space.
- In some instances, BeatWeaver would glitch when a region was selected and moved.
- In some instances, BeatWeaver would glitch when a BarForm was swapped in a region that was duplicated.
- Fixed bug when selecting multiple notes and dragging to change relative velocity.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the undo history to not be saved when running as a plugin.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the audio engine to linger if the user force quit the application launcher.
The latest version of Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro are available for download on the WaveDNA website.