Waves has released GEQ Graphic Equalizer and updated its V9 installers to r11.
GEQ Graphic Equalizer
MSRP: $200; Intro: $99.
Waves GEQ is a full-featured graphic equalizer plugin with both Classic and Modern mono and stereo components, featuring 30 ISO bands plus high and low pass filters, a high precision floating parametric EQ bell filter, and a real-time analyzer.
GEQ Classic components use traditional proportional Q filters inspired by the renowned DN series 1/3 octave equalizers, which narrow the filter width as you increase a band's gain; GEQ Modern components utilize special Flat-Top filters which eliminate the artifacts associated with band interaction, and provide perfect plateau and stair-stepped responses. Set band gains one-by-one, or draw your curve via touch-screen or mouse. Finally, GEQ's integrated real-time analyzer lets you compare the difference between two sources.
GEQ is Native and SoundGrid compatible, and included in Mercury, SoundGrid Pro and SoundGrid SD7 Pro bundles.
- 30 ISO bands with selectable 6, 12 & 18 dB scales.
- Independent HPF, LPF and parametric bells per side.
- Classic component with Proportional Q filters.
- Modern component with non-interactive Flat-Top filters.
- Real-time analyzer.
- Zero latency.
Waves V9r11 installers include the following changes and bug fixes:
- The new GEQ Graphic Equalizer available separately, and in Mercury, SoundGrid Pro and SoundGrid SD7 Pro.
- Cubase: fixed possible crash during plugin scan.
- WaveLab 7 on Windows: fixed issue of plugins appearing twice on the menu.