Waves has released H-EQ, a powerful hybrid equalizer featuring vintage and modern EQ inspired by the finest British and American consoles; seven different filter types per band, including a newly-developed, one-of-a-kind asymmetrical bell filter; an intuitive keyboard graphic that lets you choose frequencies by clicking on notes; an exclusive MS Mode so you can apply different EQ to Mid and Side content; and a flexible real-time frequency spectrum analyzer with multiple display options.
- Seven filter types per band: US Vintage, UK Vintage 1, UK Vintage 2, US Modern, UK Modern, Digital 1 and Digital 2.
- Newly-developed asymmetrical bell filter.
- Exclusive MS matrix mode: Apply different EQ to Mid and Side content.
- Keyboard graphic: Choose frequencies by clicking on notes.
- Real-time frequency spectrum analyzer.
- Input Fader controls the signal input level.
- EQ Modes Stereo/Linked, Dual/Unlinked, MS Mode.
- EQ Filters: HP, LF, LMF, MF, HMF, HF, LP.
- Analog Type toggles between analog characteristic types.
- Analog Level controls the level of the combined noise and hum.
- THD Level controls the level of harmonic distortion added to the signal.
- Keyboard lets you choose frequencies by clicking on notes.
- Analyzer presents a real-time graphical display of your input signal, output signal or both, as well as the EQ curve.
- Analyzer In displays the input signal, post-input fader.
- Analyzer Out displays the output signal, post-output fader.
- L/M turns on the display of the left side only in Stereo mode, or the M in M/S mode.
- R/S turns on the display of the right side only in Stereo mode, or the S in M/S mode.
- Freeze stops the frequency graph.
- Peak Hold stops the frequency graph at its highest peak point.
- Analyzer Scale displays the energy level measured by the analyzer.
- EQ Scale displays the EQ curve being applied to the signal.
- Band Markers allow you to manipulate the EQ bands using the band markers.
- Output fader controls signal output level.
- Phase flips the phase of the signal by 180 degrees.
- Trim displays the maximum peak level of the output signal and its distance from 0 dBFS.
Pricing & Availability
H-EQ costs $150 but is currently available at the introductory price of $99. It's available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, VST3, AU, RTAS and TDM plug-in formats (TDM costs $300 MSRP; $149 intro).
H-EQ is available separately and in Waves Mercury. Mercury V8 owners covered by Waves Update Plan receive H-EQ at no additional charge.