Waves has released MetaFilter and updated its V9 Plug-ins to r16. MetaFilter is available separately as well as in Waves Mercury. It costs $200 but is currently available for the introductory price of $99.
Designed around a multimode filter with extensive modulation options and powered by Waves' Virtual Voltage technology, MetaFilter has everything you need in a sound-shaping filter plugin. The versatile MetaFilter creative effects unit provides all the warmth, depth and fatness of classic analog filters, along with the modern control and endless flexibility distinctive of Waves tools.
MetaFilter lets you individually modulate the filter's cutoff, resonance and delay time using three separate modulators – a 16-step sequencer, an LFO, and an envelope follower with a sidechaining option – making it easy to achieve effects such as filter sweeping, tremolo, auto wah, rhythmic gating, ducking, and hypnotic modulating delays with saturation buildups.
With intuitive controls you can effortlessly customize and program your own presets. Thanks to its easy-to-use MIDI Learn capabilities, MetaFilter can be controlled from any MIDI control device – a great advantage for live DJ performances. Moreover, when MetaFilter is connected to a MIDI keyboard, the keyboard can actually be utilized for playing the filter cutoff.
- Three separate modulators: 16-step sequencer, LFO, and envelope follower with sidechaining option.
- Fat analog sound quality.
- Intuitive MIDI Learn.
- Fully modulatable analog delay.
- Powered by Virtual Voltage technology.
- Endless sound-shaping possibilities.
Changes in Waves V9r16:
- The new MetaFilter available separately as well as in Mercury.
- AAX support included.
- WLM Plus Loudness Meter: Updated Sony related presets.
- InPhase: Bypassing no longer crashes Cubase.
- Element: Fixed crashes on Pro Tools and Ableton Live.
- Element: Arpeggiator first note playback issue fixed.
- Pro Tools 11: Gain reduction meters now properly reflect plugins' gain reduction.
- Pro Tools 11: Fixed SoundShifter AudioSuite processing in "create individual files" mode.