Waves has released Vitamin, a multiband harmonic enhancer and tone-shaping plugin that can make any track sound powerful and full of spark by mixing an enriched version with the original signal.
With its zero-latency processing, Vitamin caters to studio and live mix engineers alike. Used as an insert on any track or buss, Vitamin delivers a warm, vital result that is comparable to what you would get from a parallel chain of EQ, compression and saturation processors, but without the hassle.
Vitamin's controls are intuitive, easy to use and responsive, letting you smooth or accentuate punchiness and dynamics, determine the crossover frequency points between the plugin's five bands, and control the mix of the direct signal with its enhanced version. To top it all off, when Vitamin is in stereo mode, each band has a width control that lets you create wider sound images or make room for a vocal right in front of the mix – a great tool for mastering.
- Parallel multiband harmonic enhancer with five individual bands.
- Control over the crossover frequency points between bands.
- Control over the mix of the direct signal with the enhanced version.
- Per-band stereo width control.
- Punch control for smoothing or accentuating punchiness and dynamics.
- Zero-latency processing.
Pricing & Availability
Vitamin Native costs $200 but is currently available for the introductory price of $99. The SoundGrid version is $300 (intro $149).
Vitamin is available separately as well as in the following bundles: Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Horizon, Mercury, Prelude, Essentials, Pro Show, and SD7 Pro Show. Owners of these bundles with current Waves Update Plan coverage can update now to receive Vitamin at no additional cost.
The Waves V9r18 installers include the following changes:
- The new Vitamin Sonic Enhancer available separately as well as in Mercury, Horizon, Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Pro Show, SD7 Pro Show, Essentials and Prelude.
- WLM Loudness Meter is added to the list of single plugins (in addition to WLM Plus).
- Manny Marroquin Distortion: minor sound related fix.