White Noise Audio Software have announced Doppelmangler, a full featured spectral resynthesizer VSTi for Windows.
With Dopplemangler you can:
- Timestretch, reverse, reorder and remix your sounds by visually redrawing their timeline.
- Apply one of 20 different nondestructive MangleFX to the spectrum of the sound. These will let you do vocoding, frequency shifting and scaling, robotizing, hybridizing and more!
- Import images (in .BMP) and convert them to sounds. Export a .WAV file as a .BMP and re-import the .BMP to get back the original sound. Now you can visually edit the spectrum of a sound on a PC.
- Morph between two sources
- Use up to 256 partials (partials are the basic components of any sound) per voice.
- Utilize a full FX section - Phaser, Chorus/Flanger/Delay and Distortion/Wavewarper.
- Modulate your sounds using time-syncable envelopes that can also be used as LFO's.
Doppelmangler will cost $149 USD and can be pre-ordered now.