4th February 2005
All five expansions, priced at US$49 each, contain new phrases, styles and combis recorded and programmed by professional sound designers and musicians from all over the globe. Designed to cover a range of styles from movie scores to industrial, each expansion offers a rich selection of new samples and sounds that let you instantly increase the possibilities of Xphraze. More details below. Priced at US$49 each, Wizoo is also offering a package of all five Xpansions, for a limited time only, for US$199.
New Features in v1.2:
- Xpansion support.
- Additional filter set (HQ is the 1.1 one, switch HQ off to use the new one).
- Reverse playback of cells (green = forward, red = reverse).
- If cells playback mode is changed, it gets copied to all selected cells.
- Audition option: when enabled, selecting a multi/sample will play it for one second.
- Export with "best" quality option.
- Mousewheel changes multi/sample of current cell.
- Keyboard pageUp / pageDown changes multi/sample of current cell.
- Mute/Solo buttons.
- Voice-number display (per slot (max=16) and global (max=64)).
- Sample-importer now shows "C" and octave number on every 'C' key.
- Patch-Mono-delay has third parameter now (damping).
- Combi name display/editor.
- Added "Save Combi" to browsers context menus.
- Global context menu.
- Performance improvements.
- Windows 98 / 98SE / ME compatible (see additional installation note).
Changes in v1.2:
- Changed graphics to be more logical (dark = off, bright = on).
- All FX-Mix levels are equal power (was linear before).
- Vector-mix is equal power (was linear before).
- Completely new vector-editor.
- Master stereo reverb was too weak (old patches are tweaked automatically).
- Made micro-volume changes (attack/release) much faster and thus more punchy.
- Arpeggiator does not retrigger anymore when key-on/key-off is received.
Fixes in v1.2:
- Fixed crackles in right channel when playing stereo-samples.
- Fixed possible instability/crash.
- Fixed crash when starting Xphraze for the first time in SX2 on Panther (Mac OSX).
Analog Impact by Christian Halten and Jörg Hüttner
From Mr. Nice Guy to Dirty Gabba Analog Impact serves up pulsing riffs and floating pads that are perfect for Ambient, Drum and Bass and Industrial music. 105 Combis and over 200 patches featuring deluxe samples of synthesizer classics such as Jupiter 8, Korg MS20, Prophet VS, Prophet 5, Yamaha CS01 and more. All of the Combis are preprogrammed with special Modwheel, Pitchbend and Aftertouch variations and offer a lot of fun and variety.
Chronic Beatz by LA Riot
Rolling with the funky phrases and big rocking beats you will explore the field of Nu Hip Hop and R'n'B. 50 Combis, and 334 patches and phrases from California's legendary Nu Hip Hop Sound Designers.
Mad Synth Explosion by Matthias Klag
These 100 Combis, 209 Patches and 87 Phrazes are full of unexpected morphing and vector sounds, lively synth patches- and basslines and some seriously cranked up FX. Every Combi is ready to plug and play, from distorted FX to melodic patterns, an invitation to compose and arrange your music. This Xpansion also contains high end drum recordings and samples from a speech synthesizer allowing you to create your own rhythmic sentences.
At The Club by Cem Oral aka Jammin' Unit
An Xpansion built for electro, funky techno and house essentials. Made by producers from the club scene, featuring samples from hi end studio sessions and proves how versatile Xphraze can be. An individual, great sounding tool box for producers of electronic dance music featuring 80 Combis for professional clubbing.
Trance Explosion by Pop
This Xpansion features 121 Combis consisting of the hi-quality samples of analog equipment that made trance what it is today. Brand new soundbanks arming you with brand new tools for trance, Goa, hardcore and relatives.
23 Aug 2007 Wizoobooks publishes SynthEdit eBook
01 Jul 2005 Wizoo releases WizooVerb W5
28 Jun 2005 WizooVerb W2 demo now available
24 May 2005 WizooVerb W2 now shipping
31 Mar 2005 Wizoo announces Wizooverb W2 (and W5)
25 Oct 2004 Wizoo releases Darbuka & Latigo demo versions
12 Jul 2004 Wizoo GM-4 module for Hypersonic released
14 May 2004 Wizoo Hyper Module demos available
09 Mar 2004 Wizoo Hyper Modules now shipping
18 Feb 2004 Wizoo Hyper Modules announced
02 Apr 2004 Wizoo Xphraze v1.2 public beta released
16 Oct 2003 Steinberg Xphraze v1.1 released
09 Jul 2003 Steinberg Xphraze (Mac) demo version available
03 Jul 2003 Steinberg Xphraze demo version available
04 Jun 2003 Steinberg Xphraze released
05 Mar 2003 Steinberg announce Xphraze @ Musikmesse