Xen-Arts has released Ivor, a two-oscillator subtractive synthesizer that features real-time, full-controller MIDI Pitch Microtuning, using MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard), where any MIDI Note Number can be freely microtuned to any desired pitch across the MIDI range, thereby enabling musicians and composers to explore the vast expressive possibilities of composing music with alternative intonation systems.
Ivor is an educational tool for learning about subtractive sound synthesis and musical instrument intonation (aka microtuning and xenharmonics).
- Two Oscillators with 22 Waveforms.
- Microtonal, Harmonic Series and Subharmonic Series Oscillator Transposition.
- LFO (with Rate Sequencer) and Envelope Generator for Phase, Pulse-Width and Pitch Modulation.
- LFO and Envelope Generator features both Unidirectional and Bidirectional Modulation.
- Analog Pitch Drift Emulator with both Unidirectional and Bidirectional Modulation.
- Velocity-to-Harmonics Modulation enables oscillators to dynamically sound harmonics of the fundamental pitch.
- Ring Modulation with 23 RM Types.
- Oscillator and Ring Modulator Mixer.
- Pre-Filter Saturation Stage with 20 Saturation Types.
- Two Independent Filters with Six Filter Types: LP4, LP2, HPF, BPF, BRF, APF.
- One and Two Stage Filter Cascade.
- LFO (with Rate Sequencer) and Envelope Generator for Filter Cutoff Frequency Modulation.
- LFO and Envelope Generator enables both Unidirectional and Bidirectional Filter Modulation.
- Dedicated Envelope Generator.
- Switchable Velocity Sensitivity and Fixed Volume Control.
- MIDI Pitch Microtuning with MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard).
- MTS Support for both Single Note and Bulk Dump.
- Loads MTS Microtuning Format Files Internally and Receives MTS Externally.
- Local (Per-Patch) and Global Microtuning (Static Microtuning for All Patches).
- Microtunings can be loaded from any directory on hard drives or storage devices connected to the computer.
- Ten Note Polyphonic.
- Monophonic Legato Mode.
- Polyphonic Portamento with Three Glide Modes.
- Microtonal Pitch Bend.
- Effects include Warm Filter and Stereo Ensemble.
Ivor is a freeware 32-bit VSTi for Windows XP or higher and includes a detailed instruction manual, 98 factory patches and 54 microtonal tunings.