Xenakios has announced the release of version 1.1.0 of HourGlass for Windows (32-bit) and OS X (64-bit), which adds sample offline preprocessing enhancements and various other smaller fixes and enhancements.
- Offline sound preprocessing system has been enhanced in various ways (Modules now support user interfaces, can add/remove modules, DSP modules that can be inserted in the mixer can be used for offline processing, new offline processor Trim silence).
- Sound sources preview again has output volume and looping on/off controls.
- Bug fixed in the convolution DSP module.
- The custom zooming scrollbars changed to look a bit nicer and take a bit less screen space.
- Context sensitive help panel can be turned on from View->Help. Not nearly all areas of HourGlass are yet included in this system but I will add more informative texts as new versions are released.
- Other stuff.
HourGlass is a standalone application intended for radical sound processing by taking fragments (more commonly referred to as "grains" in other similar software) from sound recordings, to create sound textures. It is not intended for minor transparent corrections of playback speed or pitch, but is rather placed firmly in the sound mangling/glitch territory.
HourGlass is free of charge to download and use, but donations will be appreciated.