25th March 2011
Xfer Records has released LFOTool, a new FX utility plug-in for VST and AudioUnit hosts for both Mac OS X and Windows that empowers music producers to create tremolo, auto-pan, trance-gate, side-chain compressor simulation, and dubstep-type wobble effects with minimal effort.
This unique plug-in also allows users to sculpt custom LFO curves and shapes and comes equipped with dozens of presets to achieve desired results quickly.
Consistent with other products in Xfer Records' software lineup, LFOTool is coded entirely in C++ in order to minimize the CPU load during operation.
- LFO with customizable point+tension-curve editor, 12 graphs in a preset (switchable via MIDI notes or automation).
- Up to 4 graphs simultaneously (Cutoff/Reso/Pan/Pitch).
- Graph preset shapes from a drop-down menu, able to save your own.
- Can optionally send MIDI CC out to control other soft synths, effects, or external hardware which responds to MIDI CC messages.
- BPM (with optional swing) or Hz LFO rate control.
- Sample-accurate sync.
- Dozens of presets included.
- Both Mac OSX and Windows versions included.
- 64-bit VST and AudioUnit support.
Pricing & Availability
LFOTool costs $24.95 and is available for Windows and Mac OS X VST or AudioUnit hosts (Windows XP or later / Mac OSX 10.6 or above).
However, you can get LFOTool for free by purchasing the Xfer Records release "Steve Duda - Fish EP" before April 10th. To take advantage of this special:
- Purchase Steve Duda - Fish EP on beatport / xfer records.
- Create an account on xferrecords.com if you have not.
- Forward the email from beatport to steve - at - xferrecords.com. Please mention the email address you used to create the account on xferrecords.com if you are forwarding from a different email address.
- The beatport receipt will be verified for authenticity and you will be registered for LFOTool (and free updates.), and you will receive download links to LFOTool. Please allow up to 12 hours for this.