7th February 2014
Xhun Audio has updated IronAxe to version 1.6, featuring the String Router Engine 2.0, an intelligent system for dynamically switching between the 6 simulated strings: according to the current played notes on the master keyboard, this improved engine emulates the behaviour a real guitar performer. This feature has also a cascade effect that affects the whole simulation, reducing up to 60% of the CPU and Memory hit compared to the previous versions of the software, while maintaining the same sound/audio accuracy.
Changes in IronAxe version 1.6:
- Introducing the String Router Engine 2.0, an intelligent system for routing/switching between the 6 simulated strings according to the current played notes on the master keyboard.
- Saves CPU and Memory hit up to 60% per instrument instance, compared to the previous versions, maintaining the same audio accuracy.
- Brings a large number of fixes on the DSP side, specially for logics in 'MIDI Keyboard' Controller Mode and more.
- Partial low level code replacement, bringing greater cross-platform compatibility.
- Minor fixes on the GUI side (Keyboard GUI in 'MIDI Keyboard' and 'KeyStrummer' Controller Mode).
- Demo version limitation has changed, the string 'Low E' has been disabled.