13th December 2010
Xhun Audio released the version 2.0 of LittleOne, its reproduction of the Moog Little Phatty hardware analog synthesizer.
LittleOne version 2.0 accurately emulates every single component of the original Moog synth (oscillators, filter, envelopes, LFO, etc.) preserving the original frequency responses, frequency ranges and analog components imperfections and instability.
The main features/improvements in version 2.0 are:
- Improved Oscillators algorithm: The new band-limited oscillators produce waveforms with a strong brilliance (improving frequencies response, specially in the 4kHz-20kHz range). This allows a better simulation of a real analog oscillator, without digital artifacts (aliasing).
- Analog Components Emulation: One of the main features of version 2.0 is the emulation of the analog components inside the synth - Oscillators, Filters, LFOs, etc. - that simulates the micro-instability and imperfections of the analog technology. This feature brings richness, genuineness and depth to the sound.
- New Sound Banks: Together with an improved factory sound bank, LittleOne comes with additional presets (300+ in total) covering all styles, from classic analog to FM, to contemporary cutting-edge dance. All the patches of the original Moog Little Phatty (Tribute Edition and Stage Edition) are included.
- Improved GUI and minor bug fixes: The Graphical User Interface is improved, as well as known bugs of version 1.x are fixed.
In addition to the Little Phatty synthesizer emulation, LittleOne encloses a complete audio synthesis setup with a 16-step sequencer, a 16-step trancegate effect and two master effects slots, making LittleOne very versatile.
LittleOne version 2.0 full features:
- The Moog Little Phatty Physical Modeling emulation.
- Analogue Components Emulation.
- Two aliasing-free analog modeled oscillators with continuous selection mode ( like the original ) between Triangle, Saw, Square, Pulse.
- A 4-Pole resonant Low Pass filter modeled on the classic Moog Ladder, featuring the original frequency responses, self-oscillation and overload control.
- Two 4-Stage ( ADSR ) envelope generators.
- Modulation LFO with the original waveforms and frequency ranges ( 0.2~500 Hz ).
- Monophonic/polyphonic mode , pitch bend ranges and more - all accessible from LittleOne LED display.
- 300+ ready-to-use presets from classic analog to contemporary cutting-edge dance to psychoacoustic sounds and SFX. Original Little Phatty Stage Edition and Tribute Edition patches are included.
- XSQ16M, a build-in 16-step MIDI sequencer.
- GATED., a build-in 16-step trancegate effect.
- Two master effects slots with the possibility to choose between delay, reverb, tube distortion, flanger, chorus.
- Full MIDI CC#s mapping (according to the original Little Phatty CC#s specs).
Pricing & Availability
LittleOne version 2.0 is available now for Windows in the VST instrument plug-in format and can be purchased for the €45.
The upgrade is free for all registered users of LittleOne version 1.x; the new authorization code (for version 2.0) will be sent by email to all registered customers.
15 Apr 2013 Xhun Audio updates IronAxe to v1.3
12 Apr 2013 Xhun Audio updates SmartRig Pro to v1.3
11 Jan 2013 Xhun Audio updates SmartRig Pro to v1.1
20 Dec 2012 Xhun Audio Xmas 2012 Special Offer
12 Sep 2011 Xhun Audio updates LittleOne to version 2.3
13 Jul 2011 Xhun Audio updates LittleOne to v2.1.8
17 Mar 2011 Xhun Audio updates LittleOne to v2.1