LX122 (39€) and LX122 Premium (69€) are Mac OS X and Windows compatible (VST, AU & RTAS Pro Tools 7.0 or later) rotary speaker emulation plug-ins, both featuring XILS-lab's proprietary True Stereo Dynamic Engine (TSDE), offering a new way to record rotary speaker effects.
Core Modules features:
- One finely emulated rotary speaker, treble output in a rotating Horn, bass output in a rotating drum.
- True Stereo Dynamic Engine (TSDE) places the cabinet in a room, from which it is recorded by two microphones.
- Three Reverb types, to give even more space to your recordings.
- Slow to Fast mode buttons, MIDI controllable to play with the inertia.
- Tube amplifier emulation.
Settings for LX122:
- The speed of the Horn and the Drum can be tweaked at your convenience.
- The reverb time and frequency response are easily adjusted.
- A high pass filter before the reverb to avoid blurry sounds when organists are doing fool with their feet.
- The angle of the recording microphone can be changed, adding more or less room effects.
- A drive parameter help you to get more heavy rock sounds.
LX122 Premium parameters (what Premium brings you):
- Rooms can be changed, from an obvious "No Room" position to a "Complex" one, adding even more stereo and space feelings.
- Microphones can be moved independently in all the rooms, with an easy stereo balance feature.
- Not only one cabinet is available, you can build your unit with or without the Horn or with or without the Drum.
- You can change the Horn diameter (you can't do that in the real world).
- Do you know that the Drum is driven by a belt? Obviously, time is not kind to belts and the LX122 Premium allows you to control the stretch of the belt, emulating age.
- In most of the real units, the drum is turning clockwise while the horn is turning counter-clockwise. This can also be changed and the selector can be modeled so that it changes randomly.
- Balance control between horn and drum.
- On a real unit, the horn has a small metal part that spreads the high frequencies in all directions, giving a more mellow sound. But some players wanted a more "straight in your face" effect and they removed it. You can do this with the LX122 Premium.