XILS-lab has announced the release of polyKB, the recreation of a very rare, very powerful, polyphonic synthesizer released in the '80s by the French company RSF. Because of the unique sounds, the RSF Kobol synthesizers were used by J.M Jarre, Hans Zimmer, Depeche Mode, Vince Clark, Vangelis, and many more. In true XILS-Labs fashion, PolyKB is true to the original sound but with a modern twist.
PolyKB is a subtractive synthesizer based on two waveform morphing, aliasing free oscillators and a self oscillating 4 poles low pass filter. The oscillators create a large part of the sound of this synthesizer. But along with the help of of very complete modulation section and the filter recreating a standard analog chip of the '80s, PolyKB creates incredible sounds. Ranging from gorgeous bass to a warm slowly evolving pad, through aggressive leads and thin crystal keyboards along with a huge range of special effects.
- Two waveform continuously modulated oscillators - "A first for software synthesis and difficult to achieve without aliasing".
- Very accurate 4-poles self oscillator filter featuring well known '80s filter chip.
- Polyphonic sequencer and arpeggiator.
- New stereo voice and modulation management.
- More than 250 presets made by famous sound designers and artists.
Pricing & Availability
Priced at €149 / $199 / £129, PolyKB is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU and RTAS instrument plug-in formats.
NOTE: XILS 3 is copy-protected by either of the two available dongles: eLicenser or iLok. You choose the protection you want when you purchase the plug-in.