7th December 2010
XILS LAB has announced the launch of PolyKB mk II, a major new version of the recreation of a very rare and powerful polyphonic synthesizer released in the '80s. From now until December 19th, 2010, the new PolyKB II Synthesizer will be sold at introductory price of $89 (MSRP $199) or as part of the "Ultimate XILS-Lab bundle" sold during the same period at $189 (MSRP $398).
PolyKB II captures the sound and spirit of the legendary RSF PolyKobol Analog synthesizer including one of its most stunning features: A continuous morphing Oscillator, which can be fully modulated by many sources.
PolyKB II is a polyphonic subtractive synthesizer based on two waveform-morphing, aliasing-free oscillators and a self-oscillating 4-poles low-pass filter. The oscillators take a large part of the sound of this synthesizer while the filter recreating a standard analog chip of the '80s (with the help of very complete modulation sections), allows the PolyKB II to create warm sounds from gorgeous basses to slowly evolving pads, through aggressive leads and thin crystal keyboards as well as a huge range of special effects.
What's New in PolyKB II
While PolyKB II retains the analogue characteristics of V1, the folks at XILS Lab have added many features that were not available on yesteryear's sought-after classic hardware synths. PolyKB II now combines the best of both worlds — vintage and modern:
- Modulation has been enhanced in the three modulation matrices.
- All can now have a negative value applied (V1 always being positive), while an additional "Velocity Control Mode" now allows a huge dynamic range.
- A number of new modulation sources and targets have been added, including Monophonic LFOs (allowing Mono and Poly LFOs in the same patch).
- The implementation of a unique Time Multiplier system allows all envelope times to be multiplied by x2, x3, or x4 — all with a simple click.
- Two new effects have been added — Phaser, plus a special Dual EQ, with a unique and musical-sounding Contour function.
- The Arpeggiator now includes a Polyphonic mode, as well as Gate and Swing parameters, making it far more versatile.
- The proprietary D-Myx Stereo XY Pad tool now benefits from two dynamic modes, allowing a controlled motion between the points with full visual control.
- The proprietary P-Myx Polyphony-controlled XY Modulation Pad can now send negative modulation amounts, allowing notes to sound different each time they're played - kiss goodbye to boring, static sounds, forever.
- An easier-to-operate Polyphonic Sequencer now has a magnification tool and shift step function — very handy for real-time recorded patterns.
- Responding to user feedback, PolyKB II benefits of an ergonomically and cosmetically-revamped GUI, viewable in three sizes (Small, Medium, and Large).
- An improved, intuitive management system based around a powerful dual-hierarchical filtering concept, allows users to quickly find whatever patch they're looking for.
- 250 new hot patches now takes advantage of all these features — almost all new presets react to Mod Wheel.
- New patches will be available right after PolyKB II's release date.
All owners of the previous version of PolyKB can upgrade to PolyKB II for free.
PolyKB II is available for:
- Mac OSX 10.3.9 and later: VST, Audio Unit, RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later).
- Windows XP, Vista and 7: VST, RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later).
iLok or eLicenser authorizations are available. Dongle free demos are now on available.
13 May 2013 XILS-lab announces XILS V+
21 Jan 2013 XILS-lab releases LeMasque:Delay 1.5.0
18 Dec 2012 XILS-lab Winter Sale: 20% to 50% Off
03 Sep 2012 XILS-lab updates Oxium synthesizer to v1.0.1
16 Apr 2012 XILS-lab updates Chor'X to v1.0.1
27 Mar 2012 XILS-lab releases Chor'X - Spacializer Chorux
20 Feb 2012 XILS-lab updates Le Masque:Delay to v1.1.0
08 Oct 2011 XILS-lab updates Synthix to v1.0.1
25 Jul 2011 XILS-lab releases Synthix
07 Mar 2011 XILS- Lab releases PolyKB II Player