27th February 2012
The Stochastik Drum Machine has an interesting feature. Unlike other drum machines, Stochastik lets the user set a probability that a note will trigger for each of the steps in your pattern.
Once chance is added into the mix, the user can generate thousands of unique variations automatically.
Supporting WIST, AudioCopy and Background Audio, Stochastik plays well with other applications. Xitive Inc has announced that MIDI Sync and MIDI Note Out will be available in the first update.
You can find a brief introduction on YouTube
- 15 Samples at a time, arranged in 3 banks of 5.
- Over a thousand included drum, cymbal and percussion sounds -- acoustic, analog and digital. Learn more at stochastik.xitive.com/samples
- 32 Voices so you will have plenty of polyphony.
- Bounce to 44.1Khz/16bit wav audio files.
- Background Audio - the audio will continue to play when you switch apps.
- Coming Soon: Export each drum as a separate track for mixing in your digital audio workstation.
- Stochastic programming of dynamic beats.
- As many Patterns, Songs and Kits as you can fit on your device.
- Patterns can be 16, 32 or 64 steps long, and you can easily copy them to make tweaks.
- Quick touch pads on sequencer screen for jamming, recording your beats and making quick tweaks.
- Sliders instead of knobs. I wish every music app got rid of knobs.
- Precise Entry (tap a number to bring up the keyboard) for maximum control over volume, pan, BPM and shuffle.
- Coming Soon: Mute / Solo, Set Volume per step.
- Import/Export wav files, songs, patterns and kits through Email, iTunes File Sharing, the Dropbox iPad App and more.
- AudioCopy & Pasteboard support to use your drum patterns in GarageBand, BeatMaker and other compatible apps.
- Full "Open In..." support for working with other apps.
- WIST so you can wirelessly sync Stochastik with other devices.
- Coming Soon: MIDI.
- Screen overlay for quick reference of where everything is.
- Full PDF Manual that introduces drum machines and describes how Stochastik's features work, in-depth.
- Tutorial videos on YouTube.
- Full E-Mail Support - email@example.com.
About a half hour of tutorial video is available on Xitive's YouTube Channel youtube.com/xitiveinc