17th November 2011
Indie is XLN's first ADpak with acoustic drums recorded on tape. The recording took place in the legendary Svenska Grammofon Studion also called SGS (In English: The Swedish Gramophone Studio) located in Gothenburg, Sweden. SGS is one of Europe's largest and finest analog studios with its impressive collection of vintage gear and instruments.
The samples were recorded on a Studer A80 tape machine with vintage mics through the 48ch Neve 8048 desk once owned by the band Queen and used by artists such as The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Johnny Cash, David Bowie, Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson and many more.
Indie features a ICE Custom Shop drum kit in Blue Sparkle, which is hand made in Sweden and also the ultra rare Premier Keith Moon Signature Snare part of the 8pc "Spirit of Lily" kit.
- Kick: Ice Custom Shop 26 X 14".
- Snare: Premier Keith Moon Signature 14 X 5.5".
- Rack Toms: Ice Custom Shop 13 X 10" Hi, 13 X 10" Lo.
- Floor Toms: Ice Custom Shop 16 X 16" & 18 X 16".
- Cymbals: Paiste 2002 & Signature.
- Hi-Hat: Zildjian K 15".
- Xtra: Rhythm Tech Tambourine, Left-Right-Hit.
New Features: The company has added a new feature in the Indie ADpak for the "Xtra" slot. The "Xtra" in Indie is a tambourine recorded with Left-Right-Hit stroke types in multiple layers and round robins, which makes it possible to play or program very realistic tambourine patterns.
The Indie ADpak:
- ICE Custom Shop Drum Kit (12kpcs).
- Recorded on Analog Tape.
- Rare Vintage mics & Vintage gear.
- 40+ Presets by Mark "Spike" Stent, Jagz Kooner and many more.
- Played by Fredrik Sandsten (The Soundtrack of Our Lives).
- Recorded at SGS Studio A (Svenska Grammofon Studion).
Indie ADpak is: $59 / €59
Indie ROCK MIDI Pak is: $25 / €25
Indie Bundle (ADpak + MIDI Pak) is: $69 / €69
The official release date of Indie is Nov 22.