23rd June 2014
Z3 Audiolabs has updated Dizztroy, the bitcrush / overdrive / distortion VST plug-in for Windows, to version 1.5.
- Added exponential distortion to overdrive selections.
- Added feedback parameter for Drive.
- Added feedback parameter for waveshape distortion.
- Added bandpass filter.
- Envelope following signals can be routed to filter cutoff, filter resonance and crusher.
- Overworked presets + 48 new presets by Tomoroh Hidari (it comes with 80 presets now).
- Completely overworked envelope followers:
- Graphical representation of what's happening.
- Added a delay parameter.
- Added an amount parameter.
- Performance optimized code.
- Several smaller performance optimizations.
- Overworked GUI.
- Presets are shown in groups now for better overview.
While the focus for Dizztroy originally was on drum distortion, the new feedback parameter and the modulations of the filter and the crusher opens the door to a wide range of new application possibilities like blowing up your lead-synths, guitars, voices but also for creative lo-fi effects, modulated filter effects and many more.
Price: 29,90€. For existing customers of Dizztroy this update is free.