19th January 2005
Presented in multitrack format for complete flexibility in tempo and instrument selection, a version of Native Instruments' Intakt sampler, for both MacOS X and Windows XP completes the product, providing an easy to use, on-screen interface for additional sound shaping abilities without disrupting the creative flow. (The sound Library can also be loaded into other Native Instruments samplers, including Kontakt).
The styles covered on Beats Working in Cuba include the 12 prime Afro/Hispanic rhythms of the Cuban music culture, including Cha Cha Cha, Danzon, Son Montuno, Bolero, Pilon, Son Traditional, Guajira Son, Guaracha, Mambo, Songo, Timba, Conga Habanera (Carnival), and Conga Moderna. Some performances enable the user to select Modern or Traditional arrangements. Recorded exclusively at Estudios Abdala, Havana, the producers, Barry Sage and Gonzalo Lasheras Garcia, are both well known in the Latin field of music, with credits including Jorge Drexler, Luis Edurdo Aute, Silvio Rodreguez, Duncan Dhu, Esclarecidos, La Oreja de Van Gogh, Melon Deisel, Mariela and Solar. Barry Sage has produced various projects in Cuba for Virgin Records. They were assisted in Havana by Raphael Santos and Marisol Alfonso Perez. An insight into the recording process is presented as an informative video on DVD, which is included inside the product box.
With each instrument (microphone) track provided separately, there is plenty of flexibility. Each hit (loop slice) of each track can also be allocated individual settings for pitch, playback direction, pitch envelope, amp envelope, distortion, delay, and more. A MIDI file of each loop can be easily exported so that groove, accent, and feel can be manipulated in any host sequencer. Alternatively, the Time Machine time-stretches or compresses loops in real time. Not only can you sync, stretch, and pitch the loops, but also filter, effect and modulate them as well. A sound-shaping filter, flexible envelopes, syncable LFOs, and distortion, syncable delay, and lo-fi effects can inject even more energy and individuality into the loops.
- Huge library of world-class Latin percussion groove performances, recorded in Havana, featuring Cuba's finest percussionists.
- Over 8 GB of 24-bit samples.
- Access to individual instruments and individual hits within loops (instruments playing in each groove were miked separately and each mic output sampled to provide multi-track loops, then EVERY TRACK was sliced).
- Easy and intuitive user interface (a version of NI's INTAKT sampler).
- Package includes two installation DVDs crammed with over 6,000 Intakt Instrument patches and grooves, plus a special third DVD-Video disc (NTSC Format) containing a documentary movie that takes you behind the scenes in Havana and follows the recording and production process.
- Engine is based on KONTAKT audio engine.
- Loops use one or more of the three sampler-modes: Beat Machine with ISE (Individual Slice Edit), Time Machine and standard Sampler mode.
- Easy synchronization of loops to MIDI tempo.
- MIDI file export permits groove, accent, and feel manipulation in any host sequencer.
- Integrated effects: Group filter including low-pass, high-pass, band-reject or band-pass modes, global filter, lo-fi, distortion, syncable delay.
- Modulation section provides AHDSR envelope, two individual syncable LFOs, envelope follower and a DBD pitch envelope.
- Total Recall.
Beats Working in Cuba is available for Windows XP and MacOS X in VST, AU, DX and RTAS plug-in formats and carries an MSRP of US$399.95 / EU€329 / GB£249.95.
14 May 2013 Zero-G ProSamples Offer: Buy 3 Get 80% Discount
06 Mar 2013 Zero-G releases "Vocal Lix" sample library
06 Mar 2013 Zero-G Vocaloid Download Sale (30-60% Off)
29 Jan 2013 Zero-G release Pure Rex
19 Oct 2012 Zero-G release "Urban Definition" Sample Pack
02 Aug 2011 Zero-G releases "Perception: Cinemascapes"
15 Jul 2011 Zero-G releases Electro Glitch Essentials