16th December 2008
zplane.development has announced the release of version 1.5 of vielklang, the audio harmonization instrument.
This new version adds the following main features:
- Live MIDI input: play chords or voicings directly with the keyboard to control vielklang's harmonization.
- New harmonization styles: 3-voice intelligent, Block Chords, Fauxbourdon, Organum.
- New export options: Audio/MIDI File Export for individual voices, MIDI export of harmony tracks.
- Improved input melody analysis: new note detection algorithm improves accuracy and robustness.
- Ready for Pro Tools 8 and Cubase 5.
Full list of changes in vielklang v1.5:
- [fea] Live MIDI input: play chords or the voicings to control vielklang's harmonization.
- [fea] New harmonization styles: 3-voice intelligent, Block Chords, Fauxbourdon, Organum.
- [fea] Added Audio/MIDI File Export for individual voices.
- [fea] Added MIDI Export of vielklang harmony track.
- [fea] New support for note joining (as opposed to splitting).
- [enh] Improved input melody analysis.
- [enh] Small Graphical User Interface Modifications.
- [enh] Ready for Pro-Tools 8 and Cubase 5.
- [enh] Windows: dedicated 64 Bit-Build for 64 Bit-Hosts.
- [fix] Problems with registration pop-up in some hosts.
- [fix] CPU spikes in Pro Tools on Mac OS X 10.5 (live MIDI output had to be disabled).
- [fix] vielklang occasionally disappeared on Mac OS X when switching application context.
- [fix] Occasional visualization problems with specific windows themes.