UNVEIL is a real-time, de-mixing based plug-in that allows attenuating or boosting reverb components within a mixed signal of any channel count, including mono sources, as well as modifying contained reverb characteristics. Additionally, UNVEIL allows bringing the key features of a recording into focus, or moving them to the background, by attenuating or boosting perceptionally less important signal components. Based on Zynaptiq's proprietary, artificial intelligence based MAP technology, applications for UNVEIL include:
- Audio engineers can attenuate reverb in recordings, gaining flexibility both in microphone placement as well as mix-down.
- Film mixers and dialog editors can remove reverb from dialog and location sound, reducing the need for dialog replacement and foley, and match reverb amounts across different takes or perspectives.
- Music producers can turn drum-loops rich in reverb into dry recordings, and vice-versa.
- Sound designers and foley artists can remove reflections and ambience from sub-optimally captured sounds.
- Mix and mastering engineers can bring key mix elements in to or out of focus by attenuating or boosting components commonly referred to as "mud".
"Removing reverb from recordings has always been difficult, if not impossible. " Zynaptiq CEO Denis H. Goekdag said. "Existing de-reverberation strategies either manipulate signal dynamics, require specific channel formats, are limited to certain signal types, or all of the above. Not so with UNVEIL, which effectively "listens" to your signal and discerns which parts of the signal are reverb, much like a human would, and then allows you to manipulate just those parts, even when processing mono sources. As it turns out, the process is not limited to processing reverb, but can bring out or move back the key elements of a recording nicely. Dialog editors, mix engineers for music and film, music producers as well as sound designers will make good use of this tool. "
The UNVEIL real-time features at a glance:
- Attenuate or boost the level of reverb components in mixed signals.
- Modify reverb characteristics within a mixed recording.
- Bring key features of a signal into focus by attenuating perceptionally less significant components.
- Works with any sample rate and channel count, including mono sources.
Pricing & Availability
UNVEIL as well as a free trial are available now from the Zynaptiq website. It comes as Mac AU (AudioUnits) Plug-In, with VST and AAX support for both Mac and Windows platforms planned for later in 2012.
The price is USD/EUR 399,- and a limited-time introductory price of USD/EUR 269,- is available until June 1st, 2012 (prices in EUR inclusive of 19% VAT).
For more information, please visit the product's website.