Zynaptiq announced the immediate availability of PITCHMAP, their real-time polyphonic pitch-mapping and pitch-correction plug-in, initially for Mac OS X in the AudioUnits (AU) format.
PITCHMAP is a demixing-based plug-in that allows changing melodies and harmonies of any mixed musical recording in real-time, either by transforming them to new ones played on a MIDI keyboard, or by setting freely defined target scales. Based on Zynaptiqʼs proprietary MAP artificial intelligence technology, PITCHMAP can be applied to a wide variety of tasks, including original music production, remix work, correction of tuning issues and creative manipulation of existing recordings. In addition, PITCHMAP provides functions to remove or extract individual sounds from a mix, and can apply advanced synthesizer-like sound transformations.
“We’re really excited to release PITCHMAP. ” Zynaptiq CEO Denis H. Goekdag said. “The intuitive real-time interaction with a mixed recording’s compositional aspects via live MIDI makes PITCHMAP an inspiring musical instrument, in addition to being a precision corrective tool. It quite literally lets you shape music with your hands, which we believe makes it an essential tool for composers, producers, remixers, mash-up artists, engineers and sound-designers.”
Zynaptiq GmbH, based in Hannover, Germany, creates audio software based on artificial intelligence technology, and was founded in 2011 by Stephan M. Bernsee and Denis H. Goekdag.
The PITCHMAP real-time features at a glance:
- Pitch Mapping: Change harmonies and melodies within mixed signals on the fly.
- Pitch Mapping via live MIDI-input or GUI-created source/destination Pitch Maps.
- Automatic correction of pitch inaccuracies in polyphonic/mixed signals.
- Perceptive modeling based Natural mode for voice-adapted processing.
- Content-aware Mute-Filters for removing sounds, including their harmonics, transients and noise components, from a mix.
- Transform macro-controls for near-instant creation of harmony- and key-changes.
- Snapshot functionality for fast workflow and easy automation.
- Continuously variable Electrify and Purify parameters for applying advanced synthesizer-like sound manipulation.
- Continuously variable Glide parameter for adding polyphonic portamento/glide effects.
- Stereo AudioUnits (AU) Plug-In.
Pricing & Availability
PITCHMAP is priced at $/€399. A limited-time introductory price of $/€269 is available until April 1st, 2012 (prices in EUR inclusive of 19% VAT).
For more information, please visit the product’s website at zynaptiq.com/pitchmap
18 Feb 2013 Zynaptiq updates UNVEIL to v1.6.0
02 Feb 2012 Zynaptiq updates PITCHMAP to v1.1.0