Zynaptiq has released UNCHIRP, a new codec artifact removal and transient retrieval plug-in, and has announced the immediate availability of the ZAP – The Zynaptiq Audio Processors Bundle, which contains UNCHIRP as well as their UNVEIL reverb removal, UNFILTER adaptive equalization and PITCHMAP real-time polyphonic pitch processing plug-ins. Users that have purchased one or more of the plug-ins at full price before August 25th, 2014, can upgrade to ZAP at the difference in list price.
UNCHIRP is a plug-in for removing the most obnoxious artifacts associated with lossy audio encoding and other FFT based processes, such as spectral de-noising. The plug-in can reduce Musical Noise, suppress high frequency Chirping (also known as Underwater Sound, Warbling or The Tweeties), fix Transient Smearing, and restore lost high frequencies, simultaneously and in real-time. According to Zynaptiq, UNCHIRP can be used for salvaging poorly encoded music, speech that has gone through a low bit rate uplink, material that has been de-noised too aggressively, or footage recorded with consumer mobile devices – and for adding contour and vibrance to already good sounding recordings.
"We're thrilled to release UNCHIRP." Zynaptiq CEO Denis H. Goekdag said. "Its unique functionality for fixing problem material as well as sweetening good audio makes UNCHIRP an audio-processing tool re-recording mixers, music producers, dialog editors, mastering engineers and sound designers will be very happy to have at their disposal."
Features at a glance:
- Suppression of high frequency Chirping artifacts.
- Reduction of Musical Noise artifacts.
- Transient Synthesis to augment or replace smeared, over-limited or otherwise compromised transients.
- Psycho-Acoustically optimized Treble Boost circuit with Enhance and Excite modes.
- Break-Point Curve Editor based frequency-dependent processing for all key parameters.
- Side-only algorithm mode for working with joint-stereo encoded material.
- HD algorithm mode for increased quality processing with higher CPU load (off-line processing recommended).
- SYNC parameter allows processing to be synchronized to signal transients for increasing clarity.
- Output limiter for unsupervised use in batch processing applications.
- Highly time-efficient workflow and UI.
UNCHIRP has an MSRP of $399 / €369 (Euro price incl. 19% VAT) and comes in Audio Units, RTAS, AAX Native and VST plug-in formats for Mac OS X and Windows operating systems and is available now separately or as part of the ZAP Bundle. A free trial version is available.
The ZAP Bundle has an MSRP of $1099 / €999 (Euro price incl. 19% VAT). The plug-ins come as AudioUnits, RTAS, AAX Native and VST for Mac OS X and Windows operating systems. Free trial versions of the plug-ins are available from the product pages. For information on upgrading to ZAP, please visit the ZAP Upgrade website at www.zynaptiq.com/zap/upgrade-to-zap
"We've had many requests from existing and future users for a bundle option – which we're excited to now present in form of the ZAP Bundle." said Zynaptiq CEO Denis H. Goekdag. "We think that the unique functionality of and the synergies between these four plug-ins make the ZAP Bundle a must-have toolkit for audio professionals in the music, broadcast, sound design and audio post industries. The strong bundle discount and our customer-centric policy for upgrading from one or multiple plug-ins to the bundle make it a lot easier to fund owning all these these audio gems."