28th July 2011
Zynewave has released version 3.0 of Podium, its music production software solution for Windows, which is now available in both 64-bit (x64) and 32-bit (x86) builds.
New in v3.0:
- Podium is now available in both 64-bit (x64) and 32-bit (x86) builds. Podium x64 requires 64-bit Windows OS and 64-bit VST plugins. The Zynewave zPEQ, zReverb and zPitch plugins are also ported to x64.
- Added "Enable jBridge x86/x64 VST plugin wrapping" option to the preferences dialog. The jBridge third-party software can be used to load both 32-bit and 64-bit VST plugins when running Podium x86/x64 on a 64-bit Windows OS. Podium will detect if jBridge is installed, and invoke it when scanning and loading VST plugins that use a different processor architecture. It is not necessary to use the jBridger tool to create wrapped dll files.
- Podium releases are now created with a different installer tool that supports x64 packages. The zip file download contains separate x86 and x64 installers. The new installer presents the Podium application and the Zynewave plugins as independent features. The plugins are by default installed as a subfolder under Podium, as it was done with previous installers, but you can now customize the folder to for example place the plugins in your main VSTPlugins folder.
- Changed the version numbering from x.xx to the more common x.x.x scheme. The third number in the version text represents maintenance revisions.
- Removed the date expiration in the Podium demo.
- Fix: Solved an issue where inserting a VSTi inside of eXT2 would cause the Podium play cursor animation to stop.
The price remains at $50. The free version is still v2.40.