29th March 2010
Zynewave has updated Podium to v2.27.
- New Adjust Timing dialog with quantization, randomization and swing options. Made several improvements to the plug-in import, including automatic setup of sidechain mappings.
- Added "Adjust Timing..." command to the edit menu. This opens a dialog with advanced quantization options. There are controls for setting grid, quantize mode, strength of start/length quantization, min/max sensitivity, randomization and swing. The Podium guide is updated with a chapter describing the dialog.
- Timing adjustments on each event are now saved in the project. This allows you to at any time undo adjustments or redo timing adjustments based on the original recorded timing with the "calculate adjustments from original timing" option in the adjust timing dialog.
- When events have been modified with the "quantize" or "adjust timing" commands, the edit menu shows two additional commands: "undo timing adjustments" and "commit timing adjustments".
- Made some layout changes to the Create New Project page.
- Creating a new project will now create default MIDI mappings for any enabled MIDI outputs. Previously you had to use the "import hardware definition" command from the devices menu.
- Creating a new project will set up additional mono mappings for the busses.
- Simplified the naming convention for device mappings that are generated by creating a new project or by importing plug-ins.
- Using any of the import plug-in commands will only create surround mappings for the plug-in if there already are other surround mappings in the project.
- Renaming a folder containing device mappings will popup a messagebox asking whether device mappings that share the name of the folder also should be renamed.
- Imported plug-ins now use the plug-in filename instead of the VST reported plug-in name, if the plug-in name is identical to the first part of the filename. This makes it easier to distinguish the mappings for a plug-in that has multiple dll files for different output configurations, such as some Native Instruments plug-ins.
- Importing effect plug-ins that has more inputs than outputs will now by default be configured as sidechainable effects.
- Right-clicking a global device in the inspector device list will show the "New Instance" command. This command was previously only available in the device list on the project start page.
- Right-clicking the power button in the arrangement editor shows an option menu.
- Shift+Click and Alt+Click can be used on the loop, punch in and punch out buttons to set loop/punch at the edit cursor position or around the current selection. Right-clicking the buttons will open an options menu.
- Increased the font size used in stickie notes.
- When inserting a bus send that does not yet have a matching return track, a messagebox pops up asking whether the return track should be created.
- The New Arrangement dialog now defaults to zero audio tracks and zero bus sends.
- The "+" buttons and unassigned selector buttons in track chain panels are drawn translucent. The "+" buttons are now also shown on the track lane headers.
- Modified the Fader and Meter submenus. Added "After Sends", "After Effects" and "Before Effects" shortcuts and moved the effect track list to a submenu.
- Sound and MIDI files can be dropped below the last track lane header to create new tracks. Previously they could only be dropped on the timeline area.
- Redesigned the zynewave.com website and uploaded videos about side-chaining and zReverb to the ZynewaveDotCom YouTube channel.
- Fix: Adding child tracks to a group track that had a plug-in instrument assigned would wrongly create the child track as an audio track.
- Fix: Deleting a track would not always set focus to the next track when showing tagged tracks.
- Fix: Some VST effect plug-ins that reported multi-channel support would not be imported correctly as stereo effects.
09 Sep 2013 Zynewave updates Podium to v3.2.1
23 Jul 2012 Zynewave updates Podium to v3.2.0
30 Apr 2012 Zynewave updates Podium to v3.1.2
23 Apr 2012 Zynewave updates Podium to v3.1.1
23 Aug 2011 Zynewave updates Podium to v3.0.2
08 Aug 2011 Zynewave updates Podium to v3.0.1
30 Mar 2011 Zynewave updates Podium to v2.41
22 Oct 2010 Zynewave updates Podium to v2.39
20 Oct 2010 Zynewave updates Podium to v2.38
23 May 2010 Zynewave updates Podium to v2.30
03 May 2010 Zynewave updates Podium to v2.29
27 Apr 2010 Zynewave updates Podium to v2.28
29 Mar 2010 Zynewave updates Podium to v2.27