Originally designed and built during the 1960s, the 1176LN was the first to use a Field Effect Transistor (FET) as a voltage-controlled variable resistor, and that innovation was the key to the product's unique character. An in-depth analysis of the 1176LN's "personality" allowed Universal Audio to methodically reproduce those results within a plug-in architecture, and now offer that same character to computer-based audio workstations.
- Ultra-fast attack time.
- Unique, analog-friendly, "warm" characteristics.
- FET Gain Reduction Emulation.
- Supports the popular "All Buttons Mode", just like the original.
- Input & Output Gain Adjustment Knobs w/adjustable Attack and Release Settings.
- Adjustable Program-Dependent Compression Behavior.
- Custom Output Transformer Emulation design.
- Mono or Stereo Operation.
- Full automation capabilities.
- Flexible VU metering modes.
NOTE: 1176SE version is a Mix Essential Plug-In included with every UAD card.
A Note about UAD Powered Plug-ins
UAD-2 and UAD-1 Powered Plug-Ins run exclusively on Universal Audio's UAD DSP Accelerator Cards. All available Powered Plug-Ins are included in the UAD Software Installer/Updater Package; and every Plug-In title has a separately activated 14-day trial -- so users can try before they buy, at their own pace. Once a user decides to purchase a Plug-In, they can click on the Plug-In toolbar "Buy" button, which automatically takes them to the www.uaudio.com website and carts the plug in; or this can be done manually via browsing our webstore. Once the purchase is complete, a downloadable Authorization File is made available. Users simply drag and drop this Auth. File into the UAD meter, and the Plug-In is authorized. UAD-1 users can transfer Plug-In licenses to UAD-2 format for free (one time only). Via Customer Support, Universal Audio also allows registered UAD owners to sell their UAD card(s) with Plug-In licenses, transferring the licenses to the new card owner (subject to Universal Audio approval).