|Developer||HERCs Music Systems|
No Longer Available
|Type / Tags|
Abakos PRO is the commercial big brother to the freebie Abakos.
- Triangle Waveform now added to Oscillator section.
- Arpeggiator with plenty of control onboard including Tempo and Division.
- Support for TUN (Tuning files).
- Improved filter with a SATURATION button for wild self oscillation.
- LP and HP filter types with 12, 24 and 48 db/OCT options.
- New Distortion module adds low bit grit to your sounds for extreme sonic mess.
- New Rotary effect...LFO--> Pan goodness.
- Special config program giving all users access to some of the internal behaviour of Abakos PRO. From here, you can choose your Oversampling rate, global Volume and Polyphony settings.
- A new and improved Preset system, making choosing presets much more intuitive.
Reviewed By MotorMind
September 28, 2008
Then, the problems started. The thing is buggy. VERY buggy. When I save my project, all the parameters switch back to the settings of the presets, so changing anything won't do you any good. Saving a preset and trying to load it back also doesn't work. At times it simply refuses to switch presets as well, so you also can't change sounds in that fashion.
It is also not exactly a new problem, but it hasn't been fixed yet, despite complaints from other users. Contacting the developer is useless, since they just don't respond. A shame, really, since this synth would have found a place in about any of my project without its silly problems.
So in short: try this synth, but wait for a bug fix before deciding to buy it.Read more