|Product||Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack|
|Developer||Softube / Abbey Road Plug-ins|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Dongle (PACE iLok Smart Key)|
The Brilliance Pack provides authentic emulations of the EMI RS127 and RS135 EQ units, which were built in the early 1960s to supplement the EQ on the legendary REDD mixing consoles. These 'presence boxes' were used on countless seminal recordings at Abbey Road during the '60s, including almost every album by The Beatles.
The plug-ins retain the operation and response curves from the original hardware and provide control of frequencies which can improve the presence and definition of recordings and help instruments stand out in a mix. The software is compatible with all popular DAW applications and can be used on mono, stereo and multichannel tracks.
Three plug-in modules are included:
- The RS127 Rack is modelled on the original rack-mount Brilliance Control.
- The RS135 recreates the 8kHz boost unit.
- The RS127 Box plug-in was created by modelling the standalone Brilliance Control with an EMI transformer used to connect it to modern consoles. The plug-in features an exaggerated response or 'transformer effect' at some settings, which is due to an interaction between the RS127 and the transformer.
- Three plug-in modules: RS127 Rack, RS127 Box and RS135.
- EQ curves from vintage Abbey Road hardware.
- Exact replication of original design and controls.
- Automation and control surface support.
- Provided in TDM, RTAS, Audio Unit and VST formats.