The Akebono Collection is a sample-based emulation of the Akebono Koto Synthesizer – a unique suitcase instrument from Japan – for Native Instruments Kontakt 4 & 5.
Akebono was released exclusively in Japan some time in the 1980s. It was designed as a portable practice instrument for Koto players, and as such it features many unique features that make performing in the traditional style a lot easier than using a MIDI keyboard. It can be considered a kind of workstation for traditional Japanese instruments.
All sounds were sampled and integrated into in a custom Kontakt instrument that emulates the performance options available on the original hardware.
- All 15 instrument sounds and 13 percussion sounds sampled.
- 24-bit 48kHz sample quality.
- Original performance features emulated with custom scripts.
- 7 impulse responses of the original speaker.
- 5 custom and easy-to-use effects: Amp, EQ, Mod, Echo, and Dynamics.