The soundset Alchemistry Metallurgy for Alchemy is the first in a series focussing on specific materials and single instruments. The set contains 57 patches with 8 variations each in the Remix Pad and focusses on metallic sounds derived from real instruments, metal objects and industrial field recordings. This patch collection keeps the balance between real sounding metal instruments, otherworldly textures and wondrous soundscapes using also some processed electronic derivatives of the sampled materials.
All sounds are sample-based, some patches use the resynthesis features in Alchemy. You will find many patches and snapshots which sound warm, delicate and beautiful, characteristics one may not normally associate with metallic sounds.
Alchemistry Metallurgy Specs:
57 patches with 8 variations each
1.81 GB of original samples - source material:
- China Cymbal bowed, scraped and beaten - multisampled and Round Robin.
- Glockenspiel multisampled.
- 23 semitones (C4-A#5), 4x RR, 2 velocity layers (179 samples/386,7 MB).
- 2 microtonal handheld Bell Trees 8x Round Robin, 2 articulations, +textures.
- 2 Thai Gongs multisampled + 8x Round Robin, 4 velocity layers, +textures.
- Thai Ching Bells - 6x Round Robin, 3 velocity layers.
- Tam Tam 45 cm - beaten (7xRound Robin/4 velocities), scraped and rubbed.
Various multisampled metal objects:
- Caviar Cans, Metal Bowl, Coins, Dumbbell plate, Small Thunder Sheet.
- Metal Plate (dinner tray), Anvil.
- Industrial metal sounds recorded in factories.
All samples recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R - 48 kHz/24-bit.
- U87 center mic - a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R.
- The industrial field recordings were done with 2 shotgun mics - Sennheiser MK 70.
You can view/download the PDF for Metallurgy with more details, the licence agreement, some pics and the patch list including playing tips and description for each patch here.
- Delivery: Download.
- Library size in total: 1.82 GB.
- Download size (RAR archive in 2 parts): 1.04 GB.