AlphaLive is the official application for both the AlphaSphere nexus and AlphaSphere elite instruments. It's main function is to act as the hardware's MIDI mapping editor, however it also offers a simple built-in solution for audio file and step-sequence playback and manipulation, as well as capabilities for sending OSC messages. Presented with an attractive and intuitive interface, the software allows you to program the functionality of the AlphaSphere to a highly customized level, ultimately creating an expressive electronic musical instrument and controller that is perfect for composition, performance, and production.
AlphaLive contains the following main features:
- Use as the devices MIDI mapping editor.
- Use to trigger, loop, and manipulate audio samples.
- Use to record and manipulate MIDI and audio step sequences.
- Convert pad data to OSC (Open Sound Control) messages.
- Comes with a 1GB library of audio loops and hits compiled by professional sample library companies.
- Program pads individually or by custom groups.
- Store up to 20 'scenes' of pad settings within a single project.
- Open-source under the GNU General Public Licence v2.
- Runs on both Mac OS X (10.5 and above) and Windows (XP SP3 and above).
- Supports Core Audio, ASIO, WASAPI and DirectSound.
Visit http://www.alphasphere.com/AlphaLive for more info and download links.