The AlphaSphere is an electronic musical instrument and MIDI controller with a distinct design made up of 48 elasticated pressure sensitive pads formed in a modular spherical structure. Using it's accompanying software, AlphaLive, the functionality of the device can be programmed to a highly customized level, ultimately creating an expressive electronic musical instrument and controller that is perfect for composition, performance, and production. The AlphaSphere nexus is the standard version of the instrument, as opposed to the AlphaSphere elite which includes a few additional features.
The AlphaSphere nexus contains the following features:
- 48 tactile pressure and velocity* sensitive pads.
- Ergonomic and spherical modular design.
- Hexagonal lattice pad layout, allowing for alternative notational arrangements.
- Responsive and configurable LED lighting.
- USB 2.0 connectivity and bus powered.
- Fully compatible with any MIDI software.
- Open-source firmware under the GNU General Public Licence v3.
- Dimensions: 26cm(W) x 26cm(D) x 32cm(H).
- Weighs approximately 3kg.
*8 smallest pads are pressure sensitive only.
- Each pad can can act as a key/trigger-pad or a fader/dial/mod-wheel/pitch-wheel, or both simultaneously.
- Map preset notational scales or layouts to the pads, or set notes to pads individually.
- Compatible with polyphonic aftertouch.
- Set the pressure of each pad to send polyphonic aftertouch, channel aftertouch, mod wheel, pitch bend, or a CC controller.
- Supports multichannel MIDI, allowing multiple instruments to be played at the same time.
- MIDI Dynamic Channel Mode - allows individual MIDI channels to be dynamically applied to each pressed MIDI pad, allowing for polyphonic pitch-bend as well as completely polyphonic modulation of notes within software that doesn't support poly aftertouch.
Visit www.alphasphere.com/nexus-series/ for more info or to buy.