|Type / Tags|
Alternator is a monophonic synthesizer with a unique approach to sound creation – every single parameter of its engine is sequenced. It consists of three modules – an oscillator, going into a filter, and then into an effect – but they all have their own separate step sequencers which change every property of the patch in a rhythmical fashion: oscillator waveform and pitch, modulation envelopes, even filter and effect types. Each of Alternator's sequencers has its own timing, looping and randomization features, making it unusually easy to create motion lead and bass sounds with almost never-repeating patterns.
Alternator's unique design is reflected in the user interface: all of its elements are neatly laid out on a single screen, with no tabs or menus. The sequencers have fluid color-coded graphics that reshape according to their settings, showing an exact view of what your sound composition is. In addition to this, each preset in Alternator has 12 patch snapshots that you can switch via MIDI keyboard and host automation, making it just as fun in live performance as during production.
- Monophonic synthesizer with all sound engine parameters controlled via three independent sequencers.
- Oscillator: tracks for gate, waveform (saw, square, FM sine, waveshaped sine), pitch and pitch modulation envelope.
- Filter: tracks for filter type (low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, band-reject), frequency and frequency modulation envelope.
- Effect: tracks for effect type (frequency shifter, phaser, flanger, decimator), parameter and parameter modulation envelope.
- Each sequencer has its own step count, duration, timing, swing, and lag settings.
- 12 separate parameter snapshots in a single preset, switchable via MIDI keyboard or host automation.
- Fluid sequencer graphics that visually reflect timing and swing settings.
- Multiple utility functions for copying, looping and shifting individual sequences or whole snapshots.
- Support for multi-touch gestures and force touch on compatible trackpad devices.
- Support for high-resolution Retina screens.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit instrument plugins.
- Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64-bit Intel Macs.