Ampex ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder is an emulation of the legendary Ampex ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder.
- Ampex-authenticated plug-in emulation of the ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder — the most popular professional 2-track machine ever made.
- Provides rich, cohesive tape sound, without the hassles of calibration, maintenance, tape degradation, etc.
- Models entire ATR-102 electronic path, including transformers, amplifiers, Repro, Sync, and Input paths.
- Features multiple tape formulas, head configurations, and calibration levels.
- Adjustable Wow, Flutter, Hiss, Hum, Crosstalk, and (L/R) Tape Delay.
A Note about UAD Powered Plug-ins
UAD-2 and UAD-1 Powered Plug-Ins run exclusively on Universal Audio's UAD DSP Accelerator Cards. All available Powered Plug-Ins are included in the UAD Software Installer/Updater Package; and every Plug-In title has a separately activated 14-day trial -- so users can try before they buy, at their own pace. Once a user decides to purchase a Plug-In, they can click on the Plug-In toolbar "Buy" button, which automatically takes them to the www.uaudio.com website and carts the plug in; or this can be done manually via browsing our webstore. Once the purchase is complete, a downloadable Authorization File is made available. Users simply drag and drop this Auth. File into the UAD meter, and the Plug-In is authorized. UAD-1 users can transfer Plug-In licenses to UAD-2 format for free (one time only). Via Customer Support, Universal Audio also allows registered UAD owners to sell their UAD card(s) with Plug-In licenses, transferring the licenses to the new card owner (subject to Universal Audio approval).