|Product||Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
When it was originally introduced in the mid-1970s, the Aphex Aural Exciter brought its distinctive sound to select sessions by leading recording artists, traveling from studio to studio as an exclusive (and expensive) rental unit.
A true ground-breaker, the original Aural Exciter was highly regarded for its ability to increase and enhance presence, brightness, and vibrancy on vocal and instrumental tracks alike. It was even credited as a "session player" on best-selling albums by the likes of Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt and James Taylor, engineered by Val Garay, who worked closely with Waves on the development of the plug-in.
Modeled on one of only a few tube-powered units ever made, the Waves Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter plug-in delivers all the unique character of the rare original hardware unit, with all the advantages of software.
- Faithful model of the rare tube-powered original.
- Adds brightness, vibrancy and depth.
- Increases presence without raising levels.
- Perfect for vocal and instrumental tracks alike.
- Mix and AX modes for insert or send configurations.
- Mono and stereo components.
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution.
- MODE selects the processing mode: MIX1, MIX2, AX.
- METER selects VU meter view options.
- INPUT controls input gain.
- AX MIX controls the amount of AX (aural excitement) added to the original signal.
- OUTPUT controls output gain.
- MAINS controls analog characteristics caused by hum, based on the power supplies of the original units.
- NOISE controls the level of the modeled analog noise.