|Product||Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
When it was originally introduced in the mid-1970s, the Aphex Aural Exciter brought its distinctive sound to select sessions by leading recording artists, traveling from studio to studio as an exclusive (and expensive) rental unit.
A true ground-breaker, the original Aural Exciter was highly regarded for its ability to increase and enhance presence, brightness, and vibrancy on vocal and instrumental tracks alike. It was even credited as a "session player" on best-selling albums by the likes of Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt and James Taylor, engineered by Val Garay, who worked closely with Waves on the development of the plug-in.
Modeled on one of only a few tube-powered units ever made, the Waves Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter plug-in delivers all the unique character of the rare original hardware unit, with all the advantages of software.
- Faithful model of the rare tube-powered original.
- Adds brightness, vibrancy and depth.
- Increases presence without raising levels.
- Perfect for vocal and instrumental tracks alike.
- Mix and AX modes for insert or send configurations.
- Mono and stereo components.
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution.
- MODE selects the processing mode: MIX1, MIX2, AX.
- METER selects VU meter view options.
- INPUT controls input gain.
- AX MIX controls the amount of AX (aural excitement) added to the original signal.
- OUTPUT controls output gain.
- MAINS controls analog characteristics caused by hum, based on the power supplies of the original units.
- NOISE controls the level of the modeled analog noise.
Reviewed By MadAnthony81
April 7, 2014
The Aphex Aural Exciter is really cool. It sounds real. It's got a real true and true analog noise sound. This particular VST is noisy and gritty on purpose. It makes your sounds have white noise and gritty noise making the tracks you put it on sound brighter. Contrary to what I understood when I purchased the Exciter is does NOT make it smooth sounding at all, but rather actually gritty. Gritty noise once again. Sorta really really gritty more like a loud badly mic'd cymbal but really consistant at the same time. Thought i'd help you understand what I learned. That being said, this Aural Exciter is really nice at low settings. Even at zero.
At zero this Aural Excited has little little little noise. Virtually unoticable or possible none at all. BUt it does make your track sound more analog. Really cool.
It's nice that Waves.com has sales often.Read more