AriesVerb is a Reverb plug-in based on a highly configurable fractional delay design. The alpha version uses the hosts default GUI.
When used conservatively as a room simulator, this plugin can do smooth reverbs with a lively and present sound. In addition, this plugin can do more than just room simulation. Most parameters can be adjusted over a wide range of many orders of magnitude. The fractional delay design allows for phasing effects in the microseconds (µs) range, even below the actual sampling rate used. The delay length modulation can be adjusted in depth and speed, where the modulation speed may be so high that FM like effects are possible. The package is completed with an overdrive distortion inside the feedback loop for that extra crunchy edge.
- Fractional delay effect-reverb plugin.
- 13 geometry configurations.
- 8 × 2 feedback configurations.
- Base delay time (room size): 0.00001 s (3.3 mm) to 1 s (330 m).
- Independent control of low and high-frequency decay.
- Stereo rotation.
- Delay length modulation.
- Modulation period from 0.001 s (1 kHz) to 10 s (0.1 Hz) allows for flanger, phaser, rotor, and FM like effects.
- Overdrive distortion inside the feedback loop for extra crunch.