Axon is an FM plug-in instrument with a "Neuron Sequencer". Triggering 7 percussion-tuned FM voices, the Neuron Sequencer, loosely adapted from the concept of Artificial Neural Networks, easily creates rhythms and patterns unheard of in modern electronic music. With on-board effects and mixing, and full MIDI I/O capabilities (in the VST version only) Axon drops right in to any production environment.
Axon's hex-based Neuron Sequencer revolves around seven Neurons, which can be interconnected in virtually limitless ways to trigger each other, the internal voices, and external synths and samplers. The results can be unpredictable, but are not random. The purpose of the Neuron Sequencer is to get away from grid pattern generation and to explore longer, less repetitive rhythm patterns. The sequencer can drive external synths and drum machines as well as its seven internal FM percussion voices.
- All new Neuron Sequencer, a seven-node hexagonal counter sequencer.
- Seven FM percussion-tuned voices, also capable of melodic expression.
- Unique FM and Ring Mod busses for global FM and Ring Mod.
- Full MIDI output control (VST only) for driving external synths, drum machines, and samplers.
- Full internal mixer that also controls MIDI output velocity, with solo and muting.
- Internal stereo delay, taken from the best of Audio Damage's delay algorithms, with low- and high-pass filters and a playable feedback control.
- Full MIDI Learn mode, for external hardware control of all Axon parameters.