B-Step is a melodic, chord based step sequencer inspired by a bass guitar and available as plugin, standalone or mobile standalone - designed for live use and improvisation - the easy and fast way to program your melodies.
B-Step's user interface can be controlled in a variety of ways - use your mouse, a MIDI controller, optimized touchscreen control or the native support for one or two Novation Launchpads.
If you like you can design your own chord progression sets with the chord editor which you can fast assign on the main user interface to each of your bar-patterns.
- native Novation Launchpad support.
- advanced MIDI learn.
- touch optimized.
- 3 color profiles.
- clean and simple user interface.
- low CPU and RAM usage.
- 16th step resolution.
- 4 tracks (we call them strings).
- 16 bars.
- 5 x 6 chords per project.
- pattern auto chain.
- MIDI Clock master (up to 400 BPM) or slave (standalone).
Plugin requirements (32 or 64-bit):
- Windows VST 2.4 compatible Host.
- Linux native VST 2.4 compatible Host.
- Mac VST 2.4 compatible Host.
- Mac AU (release middle of 2nd quarter 2014) compatible Host.
Standalone requirements (32 or 64-bit):
- Windows (XP or later).
- Mac (OS X 10.5 or later, Intel).
- iPad (iPad2 or later, iOS 5.1 or later (release in a few days)).
- Raspberry Pi (coming end of April 2014 - HF Linux distros (e.g. Raspbian)).
- Android (release 3th quarter 2014).