|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||PACE InterLok|
Balani is a 2 1/2 octave balafon (or balaphon) with small calabash resonators form Guinea. We decided that this no so rare instrument was worth a sample library especially because it has those "noise generators" in good condition. Most of the time, people remove those because they don't like that noisy effect, but if you listen carefully to some traditional Balafon, you will hear them and we wanted it to be in our library.
The other interesting point about Balafons is the scale that usually is very different from the European ones. It originally plays a B major scale (20 notes) so we extended it (to 33 notes) for this library and also gave the possibility to fine tune it.
- 230MB, 967 samples.
- 12 Velocity layers for the sustain.
- 4 takes per note to avoid the machine gun effect (round robins).
- about 13 Velocities for the release.
- Both original and corrected tunings are available for a traditional or contemporary sound.
- Advanced UVI scripting giving you access to a simple yet powerful interface and advanced features.