|Type / Tags|
The Synsonic Instruments BDE-01 (Bass Drum Engine) plugin is a versatile and powerful plugin specialized on bass drum synthesis. It offers a wide range of styles and a lot of effective soundshaping possibilities. There are three sections: The Sound Section which creates the body of the bass drum, the Noise Section which adds a click, noise or sample sound and the Master Section, which allows general settings.
• Sound section with aliasing free waveforms, harmonic enhancer, pitch and amplitude envelopes.
• Noise Section for additional sound layers with sampler, click and noise, lowpass/bandpass filter and cutoff/amplitude envelopes.
• Very general architecture allows recreating sounds from analog hardware or finding completly new sounds.
• MIDI learn / automation for all controlls.
• Easy to use preset system.
• A lot of factory presets.
• Factory samples for sound layering.
The BDE-01 contains the best of both worlds – analog and digital.
• The enhancer shapes the sine and triangle waveforms like an analog diode clipper, used in the 909 bass drum.
• The pitch envelope onset is derived from the bass drum circuit of the 808 bass drum.
• The click sound is modeled after an analog filtered trigger impulse.
• Precise, aliasing-free vco's.
• Interpolating sampler for additional layering sound.
• Inaccurate behavior when a new note is triggered before the previous one has died out is avoided by a reset mechanism, but controllable randomness can be added with the human parameter.