€249.00 &€ro; / $299.00
|Type / Tags|
|This is a Hardware product|
|I/O||MIDI InMIDI Out|
BeatStep Pro is an assignable MIDI controller, two analogue-style step sequencers, a drum programmer, and live performance tool packaged into a compact, connectable hardware device.
With BeatStep Pro anyone can connect to almost any musical device. From computer and virtual instruments to modular synths, drum machines to iPad apps, anything with USB, MIDI in and out, CV/Gate inputs, Clock in and out, or DIN Sync. Built-in clock SYNC with multiple standards ensures everything connected stays right on time. Always.
BeatStep Pro has 16 Projects. Each BeatStep Pro Project holds 16 sequences per melodic (monophonic) sequencer (SEQUENCER 1 and SEQUENCER 2) and 16 patterns for the DRUM sequencer — stretching to over 4,000 possible combinations per Project. Each correspondingly colour-coded melodic sequence can be up to 64 steps long with individual articulation of PITCH, VELO (velocity), and GATE time per note (with note tie function).
BeatStep Pro has a dedicated DRUM sequencer with 16 separate tracks per sequence — one per pad. Realtime recording from the velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads or using the step buttons reliably are brought down from classic drum machine workflow — familiarity for those with hands-on experience of using classic beat boxes.
As a USB class-compliant controller, BeatStep Pro can be connected to any computer with a USB port and used as an input device for various applications like triggering clips from their favourite DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) or playing sounds from an external device. Inclusion of Arturia's MIDI Control Center software means that a wide variety of MIDI commands can be transmitted by BeatStep Pro's buttons, touch-sensitive encoders, and pads.
But BeatStep Pro does not necessarily need to be tethered to a computer. Connect a standard USB mobile phone charger to provide power and BeatStep Pro becomes a standalone sequencing machine for flexible onstage usage.
- 2 monophonic step sequencers.
- Up to 64 steps per sequence.
- Note, velocity and gate time settings per step.
- Note tie.
- 16-track drum sequencer (one track per pad).
- MIDI controller mode.
- Fully customizable for knobs, step buttons and velocity and pressure sensitive pads.
- Send MIDI CC, note data, program changes.
- 16 Projects, each with 16x2 sequences, 16 drum sequences and a controller map.
- Performance controls.
- Randomizer with Amount and Probability settings.
- Real-time looper/roller touch strip.
- Independent swing amount per sequence.
- Touch sensitive knobs.
- Tap Tempo.
- CV/GATE outputs (1 volt per octave CV, 10 volt gates).
- 8 drum gate outputs.
- Clock sync with multiple standards.
- MIDI In/Out with supplied MIDI adaptors.
- USB class compliant.
- Supports full parameter and sequencing editing capability using our free MIDI Control Center software.
- Kensington lock.